Meet our family. We reside in Lubbock, Texas and have been in Lubbock since 1980, when we moved here from graduate school at SUNY at Albany. Before pursuing graduate work at Albany, we (Judy and Kent) were both at Brigham Young University (separately and singlely) – Judy worked then in the admissions office and Kent went to school. Originally, Judy is from western Minnesota and Kent is from Utah.
Currently, Kent is the Chair of the Department of Mathematics and Statistics at Texas Tech University. His professional website contains links to his vitae, research interests and teaching resources. Judy, following quilting interests, works part-time at two local quilt stores.
We have five active children, ages 24 through 12.
- Kip is married and has graduated from Texas Tech University, majoring in Accounting.
- Micah is enrolled in graduate school at Texas Tech University, majoring in Mathematics.
- Kali is married and will graduate in 2012 from Brigham Young University, majoring in biological sciences.
- Quinn is a sophomore at Texas Tech University. He is majoring in Mathematics and has been selected as a member of the NSF funded PRISM program.
- McKenzie is a sophomore at Coronado High School and is participating in Theater and Math UIL.
Our family interests in revolve around church, family, raising irises, quilting and extended family (in Minnesota and Utah).